What is SOAR? STUDENTS OCCUPATIONALLY AND ACADEMICALLY READY
Why should BCAVTS students care about SOAR? SOAR is an opportunity for students which makes earning college credits through their Program of Study a real possibility.
How do students earn these free college credits?
- Earn a high school diploma
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA in their Program of Study
- Achieve a "competent" or "advanced" on the End of Program assessment (NOCTI, etc.)
- Complete a competency task list at the proficient level or above
- Earn industry certifcations where available
- Successfully apply to the college of your choice that offers your Program of Study
Where can students find more information? Please see the links on this page!
The link below is for students to see how the PA Bureau of Career and Technical Education SOAR Programs of Study taken at the high school level may transfer into participating colleges, universities, and technical centers. The awarding of the college-level credit is acceptable for up to three (3) years after the qualifying student's graduation date.
Please select a Program of Study and Graduation Year.
Once a search is completed, the results displayed will indicate how credit may be awarded to an individual that has successfully taken the particular Program of Study. The results are ordered alphabetically by institution and users can select View Detail to see more information about the articulation.
Program of Study for SOAR
This link gives you in-depth information about SOAR.